- Getting worse at keeping up on LJ, obviously. Trying to get back to at least reading my Friends page once a week.
- Season 2 of The Deadersons has started!
- I survived directing GreenMan Theatre's "Spooky Stories" storytelling program, and will not be doing it again. I thought I was prepared for it to completely eat my October, and I guess I was. But I didn't like it.
- My fannish activity remains mostly Star Wars and (in the online sense) has been happening mostly on Tumblr (where, for the first time since 1994, I was unable to get wiliqueen and am therefore notophelia).
- On a related note, I'm thisclose to finished with the second-longest fic I've ever written. I was hoping to finish it before the Ahsoka novel (which is excellent) came out, for fear of getting jossed, but thankfully didn't happen. One recent development on Rebels jossed it in a minor way, but it was an easy fix. I need to finish it before anything else screws it up. And then I need to find people willing to do Serious Beta on 30K words. (It wasn't supposed to be that way! I swear!)
- I saw Hamilton in Chicago a week ago (well, starting from about halfway through "My Shot," due to unforeseen CTA construction issues) and must write a review soon. Summary: It was, unsurprisingly, awesome. :-)
- It was also a FAR better place to be than in front of my television watching election returns. I kinda wish I were as surprised as so many people seem to be (seriously, is it me, or do we hear these "How were the polls so wrong??" conversations EVERY DAMN TIME?), but, well. I consider the results to be a Very Bad Thing. I would be very happy to be proven wrong. Both the *shudder* President-Elect and the general public can get on that ANY time.
- After being friends with quite a few members for years, I finally got involved in Costumers With a Cause this year. Supergirl remains my TV happy place, but my real happy place right now is talking with kids, showing them how to use Merida's bow or Rey's lightsaber or staff. And I finally got down a Scottish accent without it sliding in to Irish! You can get a glimps in the "Costume Events" gallery on my Facebook Page.
- I finally got my hands on the right silk velvet for Jack's proper 8th Doctor coat! Should be ready for Chicago TARDIS.
State of the Val
Another "I am not going to audition for this" situation. Because I don't actually want to, but boy, howdy, do the geeks among you need to read the…
Just when you think Blago can't be any more of a pathetic attention junkie... Seriously? You want to subpoena the the President of the United States…
It takes real talent to show up for an audition a MONTH early. I have enough talents, really. I do not need that one. Is it too late to tell Them…