Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Um. Wow.

Link via apocalypsos, a great interview with Tim Gunn. In which, among other things, we learn that objects on this show may be even crazier than they appear. Particularly if they are named Victorya. O.o

I've complained in past seasons about the draaaaaahma being emphasized too much in the edit, and should have noted more often how pleased I was that this season was so much better in that regard. And if they edited out those kind of shenanigans, that would appear to be deliberate. Let's hope it continues!

ETA: And then Victorya filled her metatarsals full of proverbial lead in response. Wow. *headshake*


( 18 comments — Leave a comment )
Mar. 9th, 2008 08:56 pm (UTC)
That was fantastic!
Mar. 9th, 2008 08:57 pm (UTC)
I wish I'd been there to see him toss the books out the window! :-D
Mar. 9th, 2008 09:06 pm (UTC)
I know, seriously!!
Mar. 9th, 2008 09:11 pm (UTC)
And it gets even weirder. Victorya responded to Gunn's interview by basically trashing his background and integrity. *massive eye roll* What-ever.
Mar. 9th, 2008 09:38 pm (UTC)
Oh, good gods. She just filled her metatarsals full of lead, didn't she?

I love how she throws around allegations of "factual inaccuracies" without specifying what those are. Did she not actually force them to count the money? Did she not actually accuse them of forcing Jack out? Did she not actually say she hadn't expected it to be like that?

Not to mention the part where she spends most of it trying to assail his credibility on the grounds that he's supposedly not competent to assess design, when all of his issues with her are as a human being and not as a designer. So not only is her rant completely irrelevant, she shoots herself in the foot by at least acknowleding his abilities as an "administrator." (While ignoring the part where he's an educator to his marrow.)

Which is to say, dealing with human beings. Of which she is a distinctly broken example.
Mar. 9th, 2008 09:19 pm (UTC)
Awesomeness. Of course, I'm biased because 99% of the time, Tim Gunn's opinions about Project Runway mirror my own.
Mar. 9th, 2008 09:39 pm (UTC)
I would say 90%, but the other 10% I see where he's coming from and immensely respect how he communicates it.
Mar. 9th, 2008 10:18 pm (UTC)
Tangential, here. Saturday Night Live last night parodied Bravo's assorted makeover and competition shows, proposing a single series on which some poor subject is harangued in her home by all the Bravo personalities simultaneously, including Mr. Gunn, helpfully evaluating everything about her, but unhelpfully speaking solely in their catch-phrases so she doesn't understand any of their advice.
Mar. 9th, 2008 10:23 pm (UTC)
Oh, my. I haven't watched SNL in years, but occasionally they do still bring the funny. Sounds like this was one to see.
Mar. 10th, 2008 10:34 am (UTC)
If it works, here's a link to the SNL bit. (It's fierce!)

Mar. 11th, 2008 10:46 pm (UTC)
Hee! Thanks. Like most of SNL the last few years, I think it could have benefited from being about 2/3 the length, but still pretty funny. Mostly because the real Christian is only marginally more original or comprehensible in his utterances. *snerk*
Mar. 9th, 2008 11:34 pm (UTC)
INTERESTING. Makes me wish I'd watched the reunion show. It all seemed so drama-free, that I really didn't care much this year.
Mar. 9th, 2008 11:36 pm (UTC)
Mostly on the reunion show she sat and scowled.

The best thing about it was Rami and Chris flirting their heads off. I don't know if they were playing with us or what, but it was simultaneously adorable and blink-inducing.
Mar. 9th, 2008 11:38 pm (UTC)
Mostly on the reunion show she sat and scowled.

Heh heh.

The best thing about it was Rami and Chris flirting their heads off. I don't know if they were playing with us or what, but it was simultaneously adorable and blink-inducing.

Hmmm. I think I need to catch this when it repeats.
Mar. 9th, 2008 11:42 pm (UTC)
It was so Twilight Zone, because we hardly saw them interact at all over the course of the season. And then I think it was Rami who said something about the two of them getting a lot closer when they got back to town, going into the head-to-head, and I was all, Oh, that's nice, good to know that putting two of the most levelheaded grownup designers in that position worked out that way, even though they're such different personalities, and hey, what's up with the hands on the knees and the cute gooby smiles?
Mar. 10th, 2008 08:11 pm (UTC)
Whoo! Corners!
Mar. 10th, 2008 09:27 pm (UTC)
Mrrr? :: is apparently slow on the uptake today ::
Mar. 11th, 2008 07:13 pm (UTC)
Give 'em boxing gloves, and let 'em come out fighting!
( 18 comments — Leave a comment )


Valerie - Postmodern Pollyanna
WiliQueen's Woods

Latest Month

November 2016


Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by chasethestars